After a rigorous selection process, the CineTotoo Philippine International Documentary Film Festivalwould like to announce the 11 finalists for the Philippine Section of its inaugural edition. The finalists are:
- Ferdinand Balanag’s “Agbalbalitok”
- Ivy Rose Universe Baldoza’s “Marciano”
- Sigfreid Barros-Sanchez’s “Ang Gitaristang Hindi Marunong Magskala”
- Rafael Froilan’s “Mananayaw”
- Charliebebs Gohetia’s “Kung Giunsa Pagbuhat ang Bisayang Chopsuey” (How to Make a Visayan Chopsuey)
- Richard Legaspi’s “Ang Walang Kapagurang Paglalakbay ng Pulang Maleta”
- Nef Luczon’s “Migkahi e si Amey te, Uli ki pad” (Father said, ‘Let’s Return Home’)
- Carla Samantha Ocampo’s “Walang Rape sa Bontok”
- Nawruz Paguidopon’s “Trip to Haifa”
- Jan Tristan Pandy’s “Gusto na Umuwi ni Joy”
- Keith Sicat’s “Chronicles of the Komikero”
“We are very happy with the initial turnout and the eventual finalists. The stories are really fresh and compelling. I’m looking forward to how they will execute their creative vision and treatment for their respective documentaries” says Festival Director Joseph Israel Laban.
CineTotoo will be awarding grants worth P150,000 each to the 11 Filipino documentarists to produce their respective documentaries. These films will be screened in competition in local theaters this August. CineTotoo is a special project of GMA News TV Channel 11.
Gothenburg Indie Film Fest is a new upcoming festival for independent film-makers arranged by the NGO Film För Fred (Film for peace). The festival aspires to acknowledge and inform about the urgent social, environmental and political issues of the world.
DIMENSIONS OF BELONGING
Experimental Documentary – 4:32 seconds
Dir: Richard Soriano Legaspi
L’artista biellese Gigi Piana presenterà il progetto “Paste for Purpose”, nato tra maggio e luglio 2013 in collaborazione con l’artista indiano Rabindra Patra e con il contributo dell’artista palestinese Ayed Arafah e le riprese dell’artista filippino Richard Soriano Legaspi. Quattro artisti di paesi diversi che a partire dalla propria esperienza hanno deciso di collaborare per un lavoro in cui l’urgenza è il sentimento dominante.
UNIDEE in Residence and UNESCO-Aschberg Bursaries for Artists Programme: open call 2014 – Biella – ItalyPosted in News on August 11, 2013 by cycloneloopfilmprod
During UNIDEE, the residents initiate projects of responsible social transformation and actively participate in meetings and seminars held by experts in various fields: artists, professors, entrepreneurs, and researchers. Events at Cittadellarte such as exhibitions, conferences, performances, and workshops represent an integral part of the time spent at UNIDEE.
Conditions for eligibility – http://www.cittadellarte.it/readnews.php?id=858